Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Static electricity can Kill your PC

Static electricity are very harmful to some electronic devices such as Computers and Laptops. One time a friend was bending over me watching me while i was fixing a computer and i didn't notice he was not wearing any foot ware. When i tried to lean back my ears accedentally touched the his eyelids that we both screamed in pain cos of that spark that lit up. This is what they call Electrostatic Discharge or ESD.

When ever you wanted to fix your computer of laptop be sure to wear a rubber shoe or sandals  and if you don't have any anti-static wrist straps to wear on while fixing, try to hold on the chases of your CPU for a 20 sec. to discharge yourself before touching any delicate parts of your PC.

1 comment:

  1. Also another good tip is to get a Resistivity Meter so you can test to see if everything is work right. I cannot tell you how many times a few years ago, my battery died and if I didn't have the meter, I would still be trying to figure out what went wrong.

    ReplyDelete